"Sometimes bad things happen to good people."
Call For Your Free Case Evaluation!
5 Important Tips
You've been pulled over by the police on your way home from a dinner party and you are asked to take a field sobriety test. What do you do?
1. Don't blow. You have the right to refuse taking a breath test. Yes, it's true, your license may be suspended longer than if you had blown, but you want to beat the case, right? Instead, offer to give a blood sample.
2. Don't do any sobriety test at all at the scene where you are stopped or at the station when you are arrested. You can refuse.
3. Don't lean against the car or anything else. Every little thing you do that shows intoxication will be used against you in court.
4. Don't say anything. They will use your statements against you in court. Common mistakes are saying, "Officer, I couldn't even do those tests if I were sober." or, "I know I'm wasted."
5. Speak clearly and be polite.
Carlos Johnson Attorney Law Firm
1220 West 6th Street Suite 203 Cleveland, OH 44113
Phone : 216-298-9111
Fax : 855-320-8107